Neal Oates got his real estate start working under houses as a Terminix employee. Thanks to the guidance of a few genuine mentors, his business background and entrepreneurial spirit— it wasn’t long before he branched out on his own.
Today, based in Miami, Neal serves as the broker-owner of World Renowned Real Estate. He sits down to talk about his journey to the world of real estate and how he’s giving back to the industry. He shares the pillars of excellence, service, leadership, and growth that has helped guide his life and his career. Hear his mailroom to boardroom story as he offers advice for new agents and more.
“The great thing about great people is if they’re really great and they really love and care about you they want what’s best for you even if it’s not what’s best for the company.”
“I know the difference that it makes when someone gives you an opportunity, even when you don’t think you deserve it…I feel like I have a duty. I feel like I have a responsibility to share that because I know that this real estate industry has given me and my family a lifestyle I don’t believe we would have if it weren’t for this.”
- Neal Oates’ Advice for New Agents:
- Prepare for the long haul.
“Get in. Dive in. Be willing to commit long term because then you remove that torment of choice.” -Neal Oates
- Find someone who’s doing what you want to do and latch on to them.
“The great ones, the really good people, they want to see others grow. They understand that there’s an abundance for everyone.” -Neal Oates
- [00:31] Intro
- [01:21] Neal Oates and the Baltimore Ravens
- [03:44] NFL draft and thoughts on the Miami Dolphins
- [05:09] Growing up in Florala, Alabama
- [07:14] Transitioning from high school to college football
- [10:01] Graduating within 2 1/2 years
- [11:35] Finding his way to real estate
- [14:20] Going from the mailroom to the boardroom
- [16:28] A lesson learned from the 2008 market
- [18:30] Making the decision to branch out on his own
- [20:10] The story behind World Renowned Real Estate
- [24:55] Neal’s 4-pillars of success
- [26:20] Building a team and finding new agents
- [28:28] Helping other agents to develop and association participation
- [30:57] Neal’s advice for new agents
- [32:38] Finding Neal Oates
- [34:17] Outro
Find | THE REAL ESTATE SESSIONS
Find | Bill Risser
Find | Neal Oates
RATE & SUBSCRIBE