Episode 352 – Veronica Figueroa, eXp Realty
Real Estate Sessions – Veronica Figueroa
Bill sits down with Veronica Figueroa, who leads the #1 eXp team worldwide with over 2000+ homes sold since the beginning of her career. She is a sought-after keynote speaker and success coach to real estate teams and has sat on Zillow’s Advisory Board since 2016.
Veronica has been named an Inman Influencer, and in 2017, The Figueroa Team won The Most Innovative Team of the Year by Inman for their bold partnership with the I-Buyer movement and Instant Offers.
Veronica starts the conversation by looking back on her days as an Army brat in Columbus, GA, before moving to Orlando, FL, at 16. Years later, she had to navigate the many challenges of single motherhood. Chief among those challenges, for her, was a search for purpose, especially now that she found herself alone with her child after her parents moved back to their native Puerto Rico.
She decided to attend Southern New Hampshire University, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management and Services. Along the way, she discovered her passion for business, marketing, and people development—and she had a hunger to succeed in her career beyond what most around her would ever dream of.
After leaving a fulfilling HR job, a friend in Orlando suggested that Veronica earn a real estate license while transitioning jobs. She got her license a day after 9/11, and it was only in 2004, following a divorce, that she considered a serious career in the industry. With $17,000 in the bank, she decided to go into real estate full-time.
Listen in as Veronica does a deep dive into her storied real estate career, beginning with Avalon Town Center Realty in 2001, followed by RE/MAX, then Zillow, where her visionary leadership took her team to great heights.
Finally, she found what she believes to be her ideal professional role leading a team with eXp. She sets herself apart from most realtors in the country and pays it forward by teaching and inspiring others walking the same path.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
● [06:06] How single motherhood led Veronica to explore the world of business
● [10:20] Why Veronica was determined to achieve more than most
● [13:44] How Veronica leaped from HR to real estate
● [18:54] Joining Avalon Town Center Realty
● [21:46] Why Veronica chose RE/MAX
● [28:01] Veronica’s days with Zillow
● [37:57] The top quality of great leaders
● [41:14] What Veronica loves about working with eXp
● [48:51] Veronica’s advice to new agents
Key Quotes by Veronica:
● Being vulnerable and honest and showing up authentically is powerful.
● Leaders have a burning desire to continue to grow, not just financially but personally.
● You might be winning today, but what kind of leader will you be when you’re not winning?
● Be brave. Be bold. Do what makes you feel good, and don’t hold back just because other people expect you to.
Leave a Comment